Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The Type initializer for 'MyApp.modMain' threw on exception in Citrix, works fine directly

Status
Not open for further replies.

vladk

Programmer
May 1, 2001
US
Hi guys,

I built VB.NET (VS 2012) application that works with Excel. Compiled exe and saved it on shared network drive. Works fine if I just locate the file and start it in Windows Explorer. Throws the exception (InteropServices, method not found) in Citrix.

Found it happens when code deals (like 'If goExcel Is Nothing') with Excel.Application object, which I declared in modMain as

Public goExcel As New Excel.Application

Also, in the modMain and in the form I included this line:

Imports Microsoft.Office.Interop

If anybody could help me please, I will greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

vladk

Do you have the same version of Excel (as is installed on your machine) installed on Citrix server where your app is running?

Have fun.

---- Andy

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

Hi Andrzejek,

Thank you for the response! I discussed this issue with our Citrix team, and they somehow fixed it. Have no idea what they actually did; Excel and Framework are the same across the board.

Thank you again!

vladk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back