Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The system was unable to acquire a citric product liscense.The IMA ser 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CitrixNewbie

Technical User
Dec 12, 2002
NL
When I try to login from an ICA client I always get the message "The system was unable to acquire a citric product liscense.The IMA service may not be running"

I'm using Xpe on a W2k test server (patch Sp2 applied and TS installed) til switching to productive environment. Licenses are installed, but not activated. As per Citrix it should be possible to have full product functionality during grace period (which is 34 days for a retail product). Additionally I installed a 50 user connection license but working neither.
Anyone to figure out what could be the reason for this?

Can you log onto the CMC at the console?

It looks (on the surface at least) as if the IMA service is not running.

Hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

CMC logon is possible and if I start MS Services I can see that IMA is started and logged on as "Localsystem".

Can you log onto the server from a CMC installed on a remote Windows 2000 machine? (you can install the CMC software separately). Can you login via an ICA client from a Windows 2000 machine?

Are both licenses listed in the Licenses node in the CMC? If they are, try removing them and re-adding them.

Check also Terminal Services Licensing.

Many thanks for your quick response and assistance!

CMC from a remote W2k machine works fine.
Logon from a remote W2k machine with ICA doesn't work.
Licenses are listed.
Terminal Services is registrated under the MS Select program and actually I'm only using it through W2k machines, so that CAL's shouldn't be no issue.

Again thanks for your help

Could be a missing Product code - but did you try re-installing the licenses? CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Some good news 'CitrixEngineer', finally it's (partially)working.
I did as per your suggestion, uninstalled licenses, reinstalled them and rebooted the server.
Even after doing all of above, logon still didn't work. I changed feature level from 2 -> none; finally it worked.

Few questions:
what is the difference running now without feature level?
what does feature 'level2' versus 'none' mean? Does this mean that I need to go for another license (upgrade) or is additional functionality given through activation?

appreciate your help

I misread "patch Sp2 applied" as being Windows 2000 SP2.

If you installed MetaFrame Feature Release 2, then it automatically raised your farm to Feature Release 2. If you had chosen Service Pack 2 then it should have applied the hotfixes and patches without raising the Feature Release level. I know it's confusing, but Citrix put FR2 and SP2 in the same distribution/CD.

Raising the FR level does indeed require further licenses. There's a whole bundle of new features that Citrix require you pay for (via Subscription Advantage).

Just pointing out what CitrixEngineer said in his last response:
You got the error message because the server was set to use FR2 functionality due to FR2 installation, but you had no FR2 licenses installed, which is required for this functionality. When you dropped the server down to no FR functionality, it does not require this license, and login works. Get your self a subscription advantage, and you have the proper licenses. Best Regards
Morten Stårvik
morten.starvik@egroup.no
Egroup Online

I have the same problem.

If I dumb down the servers to FR None I can connect.

What is wierd is when I look at the License aplett (when servers are at FR2) I can see 2 pooled licenses for FR2 but zero connection licenses AND above I see 2 pooled licenses for severs and 40 connection licenses.

So, are you saying that connection licenses need to be FR2 connection licenses?

I mean it shipped with FR2 server licenses and 20 start up connections. Are you suggesting that the start up connections in the same box are not FR2?

This is crazy!!

Aparently suicide is the only way out.

If you've paid for SA (and by implication the connection licenses), and activated those licenses, then you will be able to connect at whichever FR level you have.

Surely not that crazy? CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Zaxxon26: It seems you have only installed the FR2 product license, and not the FR2 connection license(s). You have to install FR2 connection licenses corresponding to your clean XP connection licenses. You will find the serial number for these on your MyCitrix site, under Subscription Advantage Best Regards
Morten Stårvik
morten.starvik@egroup.no
Egroup Online

OK
I went to MyCitrix site and it shows:
MetaFrame XPe 1.0 For Windows ###
MetaFrame XPe Connection License Pack ####
As activated in the "Re-activate or View license" section

But when I click on "Review Fulfillments" I don't see any in XPE, FR1 or FR2.

So now there is a difference in licenses and Subcription licenses>
or do I need to get the lic's into the subscription catagory to access FR2.
The connection lic's didn't say they were FR2 or FR anything in the package.
How about tea and crumpets, are they still the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back