Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The strangest thing.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkymonk

Technical User
Dec 18, 2000
GB
I have this problem with Photoshop that has just started happening today, never have I seen this before.

This is what it does and doesn't do:

1) When double clicking a psd file, photoshop opens but the file doesn't.

2) When I click on a layer to move it, I release the mouse button and the layer seems to 'stick' to it. I have to click again to release the layer from the mouse.

3) Trying to scale a layer, forget it! Not a chance! The bounding box for the scale comes up and the cursor changes to the double arrow but it won't resize.

4) Shift/Alt clicking and dragging on an image to duplicate it from another window (in photoshop) and the duplicated image will no longer leave the original window although it does duplicate.

Ok, this is as far as I got before coming here. I'm thinking of re-installing but thought I'd put it here before I did, just in case any of you have had the same problems before.

I have been using PS6 for a while now and this should not be happening.

Looking forward to replies..... funkymonk B-)

rod@sameplanet.co.uk
[on it's way!]

Have you installed any other pieces of software on your machine recently that might have over-written / corrupted anything?

=)

PetitPal

No, I'm at work on a network and things go wrong all the time on my PC. I reinstaled it and it worked better although I still had layers 'sticking' to the mouse after I clicked them to move them. ??????? Have know idea what's going on. I was off yesterday so will open it in a bit and see if it's working now. funkymonk B-)

rod@sameplanet.co.uk
[on it's way!]

Just instaled the 6.0.1 update as my PC was rebuilt a few months ago and I forgot to redo it. Seem's to be working fine now although they don't mention this problem in on the 6.0.1 update page or in the read me.

We shall see. funkymonk B-)

rod@sameplanet.co.uk
[on it's way!]

Sure does. Everything listed in the original post is the same. I've re-installed it, applied the updated files, restarted my PC.

I went to the Adobe site, they have support that cost's $20 - $25 once the problems been sorted (not much for a company doing well, about £10 - £15 over here) and was told not to go through that channel but to get the techie guy here to look at it. That's what I'd been trying to do all yesterday but he's too busy.

Sorry, sounds like I'm winging but all the work I have to do is in PS at the moment. I guess I should just carry on building MY website, at least Flash still works. heheheh funkymonk B-)

rod@sameplanet.co.uk
[on it's way!]

Have you tried UN-installing PS then RE-installing?

("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._
`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)
(_Y_*.) ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'
_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'
(il), '' (li),' ((!.-'

I know I'm mostly talking to myself here but it seem's to have sorted itself out, working fine now.

Thanx to those who posted..... funkymonk B-)

rod@sameplanet.co.uk
[on it's way!]

Have you tried deleting your temp files, trash can, etc.? Could it be a memory problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back