Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The specified CGI application misbehaved by ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assimilator

Technical User
Dec 26, 2002
CA
Most of you have seen this error before I'm sure and I have too and I fixed it once before w/o any problems.

I'm running IIS on Win2K Server

Currently I've got a few different hostnames running off of this machine with all the ones I setup a while ago working ok with PHP and Perl. I went to setup a new hostname today and for some reason PHP won't work at all.

I'm getting the dreaded:
CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

I've got one hostname of with the directory being E:\web\komher\swg

The new one I'm setting up is: with the directory being E:\web\komher\swg

The komher.homelinux.com one works perfectly the script loads and everything. The second one (nmw-swg...) one gives out the error up above. I've gone through individual settings for both the hostnames and made sure they match exactly and it still gives the same problem. (The only reason you have to type index.php on the second one is that I forgot to set it up as a default page).

Same script, Same directory, two different results.

Any ideas?

-------------------------------
MCSE in training.
Currently I've gone through the following books:
70-210 Win2K Professional
70-215 Win2K Server

It just worked ok for me. Did you find the problem?

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

Yep I got it working. Apparently for some reason the new IIS hosts didn't want to use the php.exe as the script engine even though it worked on the old hosts w/o a problem, so out of frustation I decided to use isapiphp4.dll for the script engine instead. Worked like a charm first time.

Don't know why it wants the alternate method instead of using the same executable that the other hosts use ...

-------------------------------
MCSE in training.
Currently I've gone through the following books:
70-210 Win2K Professional
70-215 Win2K Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back