Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

the skip intro button and loading new objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlatHead

Programmer
Oct 13, 2000
GB
Hello everybody. I got a new site under development.
My firt full site in flash.

The site starts with an intro total size 120kb and then the main interface for the site at about 110kb.

At the moment the two different parts are seperated MCs/files. eg introMC/file1 and InerfaceMC/file2.
But both have attached the same sound clip for backround sound. The only differense is that the intarface will have possible additional sounds for the button/clicks.
This means that without the bg sound clip both movies are les size about 60KB each.

As usuall most sites on the introduction have the replay button and the skip button.

Here is my problem. What do you thing is good solution if this was your site??

To avoid loading twice the same sound clip using separate MCs/files will it be better to make the two MCs/files one and controll them together and load additionally any possible new object?

If yes can you please direct me to the best way for attaching all my objects in the timeline to avoid reloading the same sound?

e.g: intro scene1 and interface scene2
OR
all objects on scene one and make this action etc
OR
use load moviclip action which i havent use b4???????????????????????????????/

i hope u understand my question.

Putting the intro and interface in 2 scenes of one movie has a drawback. The skip intro button loses some of its funtionality. If the intro scene is not entirely loaded the skip intro button won't work until the interface scene starts loading.

I'd recomend making 3 movies.

Movie 1- a shell to hold the intro and interface movies. This movie will also have the background music and an empty mc or 2 to load movies into.

Movie 2 - intro movie, minus background music

Movie 3 - interface movie, minus background music.

Thanks a lot man.

Very cool idea.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back