Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The server <clsid> did not register with DCOM within the required time 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

berto

MIS
Oct 26, 2000
DE
I noticed several errors no 10010 in event log with above description.
Any suggestions?

I've seen this with MTS where the package accounts don't have read access to the DLL.

I think the problem is generically related to the 'Error 429 - ActiveX component cannot create object' message.

MSDN article Q181852 might be worth a look too. Chris Buckley

I'm facing a similar problem here. Did you find a solution to the problem.

Thnx

No, above artikel is relatd only to terminal server

Does this DLL have any dependencies on other DLLs or components?

Chip H.

I am also having this same problem. In the past I have used DCOM servers without trouble but now I have run into this 10010 event ID at one customer site and I haven't been able to overcome it. Both client is on NT 4.0 workstation (sp5) and server is on NT 4.0 Server (sp5). Anyone solve this yet?

Hi,

We are getting this on a number of our servers but do not know of any application that is not functioning. Other than the event, how will this manifest itself?

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi All,

we had and NT4 SP6 Exchange 5.5 server that stopped allowing access to email. We were unable to SMS onto the box to investigate and were forced to reboot.
Investigation in the event logs showed a sudden influx of DCOM errors (Event 10010). This had not happened before and after the reboot did not happen again.

This may have no bearing, but may help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back