Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The search key was not found in any record!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerin

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2004
CA
Help!
I am completely stock on it :(

I enter the data and save the record and it works fine but when I go back to the form and try to change the field (key field) - I receive this type of message :(((
I was try to create an update query and change this field there...Same message, even if the form is closed during the query processing.

Big big Thanks for any ideas

How are ya Aerin . . . . .

Your post is pretty vague. At best, we can only guess whats going on.
Aerin said:
[blue]but when I go back to the form and try to change the field [purple](key field)[/purple][/blue]
Are you talking the [purple]PrimaryKey[/purple] here . . . . what?
If so, is it [purple]autonumber[/purple]?
Aerin said:
[blue]I receive this type of message[/blue]
Post the message!

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Yes, it is autonumber and the message was the same " The search key was not found in any record

Aerin . . . . .

[blue]You can't change an autonuber field![/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

The AceMan1,

:)))))))))))))) I know, I wasn't going to change it.

I didn't understand your question properly. I have the table with patients and their id number is autonumber. Then I have Claims table and there SURE the id field is numeric :) This Claims table has a key with two fields: ClaimID and PatientID. I can't change the PatientID in the Claim table....couldn't. Looks like I made it working...

Strange, but nothing. I tested the code on one record all the time and when I changed another record, it was working and working with all records accept one record. I deleted it and now everything works. I am just afraid that something was really blocking the record and could happens again. So far, no probs was found.

Thank you for support :)

Aerin . . . . .

Glad ya got it fixed . . .

You Take Care . . . . Ya Hear!

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back