Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The request timed out (BOXI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2001
GB
I've had a look and can't quite find an answer to this problem. I've got a report based on a query which does some complex number crunching on the database and the returns the records. It takes around 15 minutes to return, if you run it for data running back from August 2004 to today in Crystal Report less for shorter periods. When I run it in Enterpirse the following message eventually appears:

The request timed out because there has been no reply from the server for 600,000 milliseconds.

I've reset the input and output servers and the page and cache servers idle time of 20 mins should be more than enough and anyway I think the error message indicates that this is the problem

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi,
Is there a timeout on your connection to the database...
What database and connection type are you using?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

600,000 milliseconds is 10 minutes, which is the default timeout for CORBA - I think this is extended in the latest hotfix.

You are scheduling the report right? so Cache and Page do not come into it.

Kingfisher

Hello,

Thanks for your responses. I've now tried both an OLE and Oracle Server connection, the oracle server connection was based on a SP as well to see if that was quicker. I'm not scheduling the report, just running. The 600,000 being 10 mins makes sense as it takes around 15 mins to start returning data in Crystal Reports XI. Strangly enough when I then click refresh workspace panel all the data appeared. So I tried it again and the query timed out, clicked on refresh workspace panel and after a delay it said it couldn't process the prompt (or something like that) when I click the refresh work panel again all the data appeared again.

I've also increased the input and output servers to 20 mins. So I'm not sure what setting to change to get it working.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back