Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The report you requested requires further information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2003
US
I am trying to schedule a report in CE9 and I get the following message when trying to run the report.
"The report you requested requires further information."
"Database Logon" and gives me a username/password box. It is showing the Server name and Database name which are correct. A coworker has the same version of CR and is able to schedule and run reports without this issue. If my coworker opens my report then saves it, I can then schedule it and run it as long as I dont save it myself. It has to be something to do with my local client I am guessing. The only difference between our two clients is that under the "Set Database Location" screen in CR9. His "Database Type" is showing "ODBC" and mine shows "ODBC (RDO)"?? we are both using the same oracle odbc driver version.

I can run the report in CR 9 just fine. I have checked the database information on the report itself and everything in as it should be. This is happening on any report I try to schedule. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

-Mike

Click on the report in Crystal management Console. Go to the 'Process' tab and click on 'Database'. Check that 'Prompt the user for database logon when viewing' is not checked. By default it does. Also, set your database login and password in the first section.

Thene xecute the report here itself. You will know if it will fail in scheduling..

I made sure that the "Prompt user for database logon info" was not checked. Also I have been setting my database logon info in the first section and trying to run it from there and same issue.

Does it need any other parameters? Whenever, I faced this issue, it was some parameter setting that had been reset when importing teh object or refreshing the object. I know I may be repeating but check all the parameters BEFORE running. Another option, set some defaults for the parameters and try to execute. This is parameter related for sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back