Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The report path on the BOE XI to be displayed within the Report footer

Status
Not open for further replies.

raja2008

Technical User
Apr 16, 2008
US
Hello Everyone,

We have Crystal reports 2008 and Business Objects XI R2

I want to display the report path (the folder path of the report on BOE where we published) on the report footer,
So that when a user sends me a instance of a report ,If i have it displayed in the footer It would be easier to find the report.
We make generic reports and schedule one report for differrent groups.Lot of times the titles and the Report anmes are differrent.

Please help.

Unfortunately, there is no way to extract this information using Crystal. You would either have to hard-code it into the footer of the report, or set up a table in your database that contains the information so that you can pull it into a report.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Six-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Yes there is a way.

In the Field Explorer dialog box you will see a group for "special fields"
Within that group you will see a field named "File path and name".

Simply insert that into your report and the full path and report name will appear.

Howard Hammerman,
Crystal Training and Crystal Material
On-site classes and one-on-one coaching
Low-cost telephone/email support

Thank you very much for all your responses.

I tried that but it is showing the local path of the file(C :\Documents\ \Locals\temp-------------).
I guess it is giving the original temp folder path.

Not the location on the Business Objects server .

Try opening the report using the BOE connection not the regular File...Open.. dialog within CR..Then save it back and it might show the correct directory (The Output server's directory )

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Turkbear,

That would show the path to the specific file - not the path within the folder structure shown in InfoView/BI Launchpad, which is what the OP was asking for.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Six-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back