Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The printer that just keeps on printing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

slycer

Technical User
Nov 22, 2002
US
I recently came across a problem with I am having alot of trouble with. It seems that a printer that one of my users has, when they request one print job, it keeps going and going and to make matters worse, even when you power it off, and UNPLUG it for about a day or so, it picks up right where it left off! I have already tried switching printers and re-installing the drivers, both with no avail. Has anyone else has this problem? Here are the specifics....

Printer: HPLaserjet 1300N

Why dont you try plugging this printer in another seperate machine and see if it prints correctly or not. If it keeps doing it then you know that the printer is at fault..

I gather you have tried stopping the print spooler service and re-starting it again??

Ok, ill give that a try and no I didint even think of re-starting the printer service, ill try that,

Thanks

I have heard of NT having problems when you apply a new service pack. Sometimes the old divers need to be updated. Printers do go on the fritz sometimes. Everything wears out.

If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

I have come across this several times before and it's often the printer remembering all it's old jobs and printing them out again and again. The usual way of solving this I have found is to disable 'bi-directional printing' in the printer config panel. I believe this is a known problem with HP and this is what they suggest aswell.

I found out how to fix my printer problem. The reason it keep printing is becasue it had 4,438 print jobs in the print spooler (dont ask me how). So, what I didi was switch the printer to "print directly to the printer", and it is working just fine now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back