Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The print popup on a word document comes up behind the document

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardPrewitt

IS-IT--Management
Apr 16, 2002
US
I recieved a Word document via e-mail in Lotus Notes as an attachment. I view the Word document and go to file then print. The print pop-up box for print options that normally comes up in front of the document instead comes up behind. This is the only document that this happens on. I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard

have you tried to detach the file first and then open it?

I would try what maerts suggests first. Lotus Notes is weird in how it handles things. I realize it starts Word for you etc. Also, with Notes closed look for a file called cache.dsk and nuke it. It will re-create itself.

Other than that please look at the recent discussion that has gone on for the same problem in another thread

thread68-387223

I have detached the document and tried if that would work, but to no avail. The printer drivers are correct and norton is not the problem. This document is the only one that has this problem. Lotus Notes is located on one of the servers that I maintain as well as the printer drivers. The user that is experiencing this problem is on a winterm, if this info is useful.

Thanks for the tries,
Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back