Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The Official solaris 8 SA manuals for the exams 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra

Technical User
May 15, 2000
US
Hi everybody...

As everybody is looking for resourses on solaris 8 admin exam, i was a bit confused about should i start study from the books at amazon, or should i find a offical SA Solaris 8 course manuals, which one do you think is better to prepare for the exam. I am sure there are many professionals around here. Their experties are needed.

best regards
cobra

I think that the exam cram book by Darrell L Ambro is a great prep for the test. It goes over the material and has a sample test for each exam. Its something worth checking out.

When I passed the tests I used both 3rd party information and the Sun manuals provided by the classes. I'd suggest you try using the Bill Caulkins Sol 8 study guide published under New Riders.

I'd augment this information by thoroughly reading the Sun Manuals on chapters you dont understand or know there is alot tested there. The test uses the EXACT same lanuage that the Sun Manual does. So it will help jog your memory for the right answer by knowing it. However, the Caulkins book is much easier, (format, info. etc) and has more xplaination to give you an Understanding. U really need this to pass the exam.
Good Luck,

Scott Frost

Hi there,

this book I can really recommend. It's not very cheap (50 bugs) but it's worth it.

Sun Certified System Administrator 8.0 Study Guide
ISBN: 0.07-212369-9

With this book I passed part1 and actually working on passing part2 with that book.

Hope that helps

Best Regards

Lothar

Thank you everybody, for your responses. You guys are great help. I will be getting the manuals soon

thanks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back