Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The notepad.exe crash my CITRIX SERVER 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

perezmacias

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2005
MX
Hello I have a Citrix Metaframe XP with FR 3 Server, I access to my ERP using ICA connections and my ERP show me the reports using NOTEPAD.

When I open a report and I am working in notepad, suddenly my server crash, and restarts.

I check in the event viewer the system log, and the only message is THE PREVIUS SYSTEM SHUTDOWN WAS UNEXPECTED.

I just only have published in citrix the application of my ERP, the NOTEPAD.EXE is NOT A PUBLISHED APLICATION, This issue can be a problem, or what can be the cause of the restarts.

Thanks in advance.

I would be trying to use Filemon and regmon from to try to figure out what is wrong. Does the user have a default printer. Have you remapped your server drives, and the app is looking for notepad on the C drive?

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

I´m going to install these 2 monitors to try to find something wrong, My users have as default printer a UNIPRINT printer, and all the clients have a Uniprint client to print the reports on the local printers.

The Mapping ON THE CLIENTS is like that:

C:\ [SERVER]
P:\ [FOLDER SERVER ERP]
Z:\ [CLIENT DRIVE C:\]

The application (by default) is looking for NOTEPAD.EXE in DRIVE C:\ local drive of my server.

I modify the aplication to look for notepad.exe in drive Z:\ but the same error appears.

Any ideas to solve this problem ??

I saw something like this just recently. It turned out to be a virus.

1: Does notepad.exe actually exist, or is it notepad.com?
2: Check for note.exe or note.com in your system folder or drive.

I can't say for sure this is your issue, it just rang a bell for me.

e-mail me at ddraper at igalaxy dot net

There is not a note.exe or note.com

I´m sure that my server is free of virus.

Thanks

One other option to find out what is going wrong it to do the dumpchk.

Make sure the pagefile is on C: so that it carry out a full memory dump before it reboots. Let it start back up and run the SaveDump process then get dumpchk.exe (a Dump File Check utility) from the Microsoft Res Kit / Support Tools (can't remember which).

Run it against DRIVE:\WINNT\MEMORY.DMP and see if it give any more info that may help.

Thanks but my server does not generate memory.dmp either blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back