Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The new look.... 3

Mandy_crw

Programmer
Jul 23, 2020
PH
Hi everyone.... Just dropping by to say loving the new look of the forum...

apart from the "bad" look the available themes have, the biggest (and show stopper for me) is the fact that now we don't seem to have an option to have ONLY our subscribed forums on a compact list on the left which allowed us to quickly see what forums had new stuff, neither the option to them click on said forum and see new posts for that forum only on the middle list.

so now I have a full blow list of forums I am not interested on, with a (right) list of threads I don't care about - unless they implement a similar style and functionality I will be dropping of tek-tips permanently. (and only posting here as I saw strongm comments on this.)
I solved that by going to the dubscri
apart from the "bad" look the available themes have, the biggest (and show stopper for me) is the fact that now we don't seem to have an option to have ONLY our subscribed forums on a compact list on the left which allowed us to quickly see what forums had new stuff, neither the option to them click on said forum and see new posts for that forum only on the middle list.

so now I have a full blow list of forums I am not interested on, with a (right) list of threads I don't care about - unless they implement a similar style and functionality I will be dropping of tek-tips permanently. (and only posting here as I saw strongm comments on this.)
I solved that by logging into the site, go to watched forums and save that address in my edge favorites instead of the main login screen, I allowed me to do that without out having to enter user name and password but takes me directly to my list of watched forums.

Frederico,

Those will be the Watched Forums.

I changed my Tek-Tips bookmark to https://www.tek-tips.com/watched/forums, and now my entry point in Tek-Tips is similar to what I was used to in the previous interface/system.
Thanks for hint.
While better it's still bad - in order to see the messages we need to select the forum (or open on a new window), look at what's new, go back a page and so on.

The improvement in user interface and usability of new vs old is zero points.
I can adapt to the new, more difficult usability but what bothers me most is that they were not able to professionally migrate the TGML tags and so it happened that most of the sources I posted earlier, which I tagged with TGML to highlight the syntax for better readability, are now completely crippled.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back