Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a nam

Status
Not open for further replies.

polygram

MIS
Dec 13, 2001
US
I am about to reinstall this darn server... any help or comment would be greatly appreciated

sorry the actually error comes when i try to do a check name in setting the exchange account. "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list. "

anybody pls

Alan

I would first try and ping the server from the client and make sure that you are getting a response. Make sure that you are using the Windows 2000 DNS Servers if Win2k. If Windows 95, make sure you are pointing it to a WINS server or edit the LMHOSTs file on the client with the correct information. Next I would delete all the profiles, I have had it where some profiles just will not work quite right. Readd the profile and try it again. I would try just the base profile with nothing added to it. Do not change the Logon Network Authentication type or anything. I would also make sure that you are able to logon to the Windows 2000 domain correctly with the client!

I would also check in Active Directory what the Display name is as that's what it's going to appear in the address list and also whether you have inadvertantly ticked to hide the entry from the address list. Please don't be offended if this seems childlishly simple/obvious - I've done it before (but that's just the sort of Computer Officer I am I guess...)

Good luck!

Does the user have e-mail addresses generated automatically? If you open ESM then go under Recipients and GAL -> Default. Preview the GAL. Do you see the user? If so check name should work and it isn't Exchange. If GAL doesn't show anyone then the RUS is probably broke. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back