Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The MWI Lamp does not light , I cannot take it anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipig

Technical User
Nov 8, 2007
CA
That stupid lamp for message waitting is killing me. The options for notifications in the AD-64 is set and command 1303 is set to 0 as well.I just don't understand why it stops working out of the sudden on some stations in the company.What's the deal with that.I mean what else can I verify?It works on most stations but the list of stations that does not work is growing.

Ok

Back to basics. First question is have you swapped handsets? Then have you tried Dterm to Dterm messaging to see if that works?

You have to remember that if the system tries to turn on the light and the extension is busy, it will only try 3 times before it assumes it is on.

Try turning on the feature that refreshes all the lamps at a given time of day (usually early am)

My experience has been that if things are out of step, leave a message then clear all messages from the mailbox then try leaving a message again. If that doesn't work then we really have problems.

Try replaceing the phone , I have had three of them in the last 6 years.

Make sure your VM has some ports set to A/D. Answer/Dial. Some integrations need an out dial port to light MW, even if it is digital integration. If you have only one port set for A/D on a busy system, it may not be enough.

The problem was the phone but listen to this:

Even if the phone light is on when the phone is ringing on the northern telecom unity phone it does not mean the MWI will work! I have found many phone like that and I will be replacing those stupid lamp by a resistor and bipolar LED so I won't have to worry about them anymore.
Look at the picture and you will see what I did.
Keep in mind that the LED on this phone is not bipolar so if the phone has inverse polarity voltage it will not light, but I have ordered some bipolar green/red LED.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4766/ledfi2.jpg
Hence the NEC single line sets are also LED indication. I've always had problems with those Nortel sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back