Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The Menus

Status
Not open for further replies.

janesman2006

Technical User
Nov 2, 2006
US
How do I rearrange the menu items off my desktop icons. When I used to doubleclick say a folder icon on my desktop I would open that folder. Now when I doubleclick it a search page comes up. If I right click the folder, a menu pops up. It has Search at the top then open, browse with paintshop pro, explore, and various other things with properties at the very bottom. How do I get this back to the way it was. I want to get the search off the top.
Thanks

I don't have the sp 2 windows disk, if I try to use the windows disk I have I get an error telling me I have a newer version installed. My pc maker installed sp2 for me.

Do you really want to re-install XP?

Perhaps by "Clean Install" it was meant a clean, non infected by malware, install of XP.

To overcome your problem with SP2, you will need a copy of SP2 slipstreamed with your current XP CD, which will create a new CD of XP with the SP2 files embedded.

Slipstream Service Packs
thread779-900263

A more drastic solution is to remove SP2 but I don't recommend that.

875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer

Have you considered the possibility of a corrupt user profile? How is it if you use another user, is the problem still there?

811151 - How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile

Error Message: Windows Cannot Load Your Profile Because It May Be Corrupted (Q318011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back