Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

the memory could not be written

Status
Not open for further replies.

wert

MIS
May 24, 2002
US
i have upgraded from ME to XP pro. since, whenever i connect and click to a link, i receive an application error--->msmsgs.exe------> the instruction at "0x77f51f5f" referenced to memory at "0x3019e240". the memory could not be written.
can anyone help me with a resolution to this error. thnx

This is an application error, and not an OS error. That is, it is a poorly written program, or not compatable with XP

We are constantly having this problem in different applications (Word, Access, Outlook...)here, but always trace it back to the same source... We have an old HP 5Si printer. When people print there, the 'memory could not be written' error comes up sometimes. This happens with 2000 machines as well as with NT. We believe it's a driver problem, since MOST people find the problem goes away once we install the most recent printer drivers.

Since XP is pretty new, you may have to download new drivers for your different applications to make them compatible.

+Melanie-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back