Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The MEANING of "ENDPOINT" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hibroth

Technical User
Oct 27, 2005
IT
Starting from my previous question ( which is the real meaning of "endpoint", is a phisical connection to be licensed for undefined userS (up to 6) or it's just a single IP User?

The question is due because I have been asked to connect via ATAs (like audiocodes) 60 analog phones, so how many 3rd PTY IP endpoint licenses are due, 60 or just 10 (60/6 which is the amount of calls per endpoint)?

AFAIK it based on the IP address of each device so 10 in this case.

I'm not sure of your setup but given the cost of the ATAs and licences wouldn't you be better getting POTs expansion modules?

Probably easier to configure.

I suppose too it's related to the IP address or mac address either so it should be 10, no idea about costs advantades comparing licenses to POTs which, to be honest, are not for free

Is using an ata gateways with multiple fxs ports you are registering each fxs with a separate username/password.

Ipoffice
Each username(extn) require an endpoint licence. If not an Avaya user agent you will require a 3rd party licence.

An endpoint licence is for an ip aware thing that registers as a user(extn) to the system.
Not required for any avaya softphones.

You are looking at 60fsx pots all using different usernames(extn) so would require 60 3rd party endpoint licences.

Ipoffice subscription
Licensing Works on users not endpoint licences

You are looking at 60fsx pots all using different usernames(extn) so would require 60 user licences.

daken is correct.

I have an 8 port Grandstream ATA (HT818) connected to my system and it takes 8 3rd party endpoint licenses (1 for each port/user).

I'm sure 60 x 3rd party endpoint licences are far more than a couple of Phone30 expansions modules.

Out of interest why are you using ATAs?

You're right @ipohead but on site there are problem with remote wiring, no phisical connection available for so many POTS, the only solution is by placing remotely an ATA connected via eth (laser beam based) on the system.

thank you all anyway.

It sounds like it would be cheaper to install another IPO with phone 30 modules and SCN it back to the main cabinet.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back