Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The instruction at 0x04c2bd73 referenced memory at 0x00000004. The mem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexHarley666

Programmer
Dec 5, 2002
CL
Hello my friends!!!

I have a question for you:

When I try to execute my project for visual basic, I get the next errors:

1. The instruction at 0x04c2bd73 referenced memory at 0x00000004. The memory could not be "read".

2. The instruction at 0x604b4446 referenced memory at 0x00000180. The memory could not be "written".

And then, the only choice it's to terminate the project

PLEASE, PLEASE, I NEED YOUR HELP for this erro...!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

First, can you run any other projects besides the one where you get the error?? if so, either the project may be corrupt in some way. The project that gives you the error, do you have any third party componets or references that you are using?

Do you say that I need some special references for my project??

I don't have the project in this computer now, but I remember some references:

- Microsoft Activex Data Objects 2.5
- Microsoft ADO Ext 2.5 (It's not the exact name)

If you need the complete list of references, I can get it for you...

PLEASE...

No, No...what I am saying is, sometimes people use third party componets etc. if you can run another project just fine then it's probally something with the project itself.

No, I don't have the latest Service Pack...

Do you think that I should install the Service Pack?

Where can I get the Service Pack ??

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Hello friend...

I will try to install Service Pack into my machine...

Only one question:

In the list of Services Pack, what's the specific Service that I should to download?

VB6 SP5 (which is the one you want) can be downloaded from here:

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Now, I am trying to download it...(my internet conection is too slow)

I did install the Service Pack 5, but it's not working for me (the error appears yet)

:(((

PLEASE... what more should I made?

Thanks in advance!!!

This is somewhat related. I experienced these problems while playing a game, Neverwinter Nights. It happened when overclocking my PC. Basically I was pushing the ram beyond its capabilities. I bought better ram (and formatted my OS) and the problem went away. It could be that you have a stick of RAM that is dying.

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem as AlexHarley666 mentioned. The error appears when I am closing the application? What the cause and the solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back