Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The help of VFP????

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdam

Programmer
Oct 28, 2001
AR
Hello.

A few days I installed VPF 9.0 and I can swear the help was there. I read it and unfortunally was in English but WAS Then I downloaded SP2 etc. from Microsoft VFP web. Suddenly the help appears unabled... I press F1 and an error occurs "send to Microsoft and so..."

I didn't worry cause I had Spanish VFP 6.0 and the help always worked against all storms... But... You can figure I'm here because I've lost my help... No VFP 9.0 help and no VFP 6.0 help...

Anyone knows why this happened or better... knows what's the solution?

Thank you.

Héctor

Hi Héctor,

The first thing to do is to check the location of your help file.

Go to Tools / Options / File Locations, scroll down to Help File, and make sure there is a valid entry to dv_foxhelp.chm. Also check that "Enabled Help" is ticked.

If that doesn't work, and dv_foxhelp.chm is present, the file might have got corrupted. Try replacing it with a valid one.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Mike:

I feel the most stupid developer... developer???

Yes. You're right. I changed the value of the location for my data location... It's me. No one else. I changed again and now I have my marvelous English help...

I will do the same with Spanish VFP 6.0 but in this case I wonder how coud I change that (no value)and where is the file (none of the help files I found seem to be appropiated)

I thank you very much again, Mike.

I thought about a Microsoft conspiracy against me...

Héctor

Héctor,

Glad you found it.

Keep in mind that, in VFP 6, the Help file isn't installed along with VFP. You have to install it separately from MSDN. I don't remember what the file is called -- perhaps someone else can check that and let you know.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Mike, Héctor,

In vfp6 it's called foxhelp.chm - in the English version, at least (didn't even have to check, I still use it).

...\microsoft visual studio\msdn98\98vsa\1033\foxhelp.chm is where it is most frequently resides when installed (default location). On the MSDN Library installation CD, it is located on the second disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back