Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

the file rcpthosts is empty

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrysib

Programmer
Oct 21, 2007
RO
I have a server whit fedora 6 and is instaled qmail. when I try to send an e-mail, I obtain an error message like: Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed
Server replied: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
I looked into the file file rcpthosts.conf and I saw that it is empty. what I have to write in it ?

yes, that is the file. now it is ok. I worte in it all the servers where I whant to send an email. but there is not an other way to fill it? like to fill by it self wen I try to send an email to a server that is not on the list?

rcpthosts file is to define hosts that are allowed to relay on your server, not recipients' domains.

Basically, who is allowed to send mail through your SMTP service.
Once you have registered your local domain and some other you should be done.

QatQat

--------------------------------------
If I could have sex each time I reboot my server, I would definitely prefer Windoz over Linux!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back