Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The DNS Proxy agent was unable to Bind to the IP address 192.168.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

klos81

IS-IT--Management
May 30, 2003
US
hi,
i have a win2k server runnig DC, DHCP, DNS and ICS, and i'm getting this log on the system log, i am sharing a semmi t1 internet connection.

klos

Try putting internet connection sharing on another server. I believe the problem relates to dns not resolving itself.

Hope this helps.

K.

hey thanks for your help,
but here is what i found out in another forum

The reason you are getting this error is because you have both ICS and DNS running on the same server. When you setup ICS Windows automatically sets up a DHCP and DNS server. The reason for this is to allow your computers on your network to point to the proper gateway retrieve a DNS address. However you can ignore this message as it isn't causing any damage to your computers or your server. It is more of a warning. Basically the ICS DNS server can't bind to the network card because DNS server is bound first. Since you have AD installed you have to have DNS. So really you have 2 options. Ignore the error or get a dedicated router and disable ICS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back