Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The .clw extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponganun

Technical User
Jun 12, 2003
TH
Can anyone help me , what 's .clw extension mean when I try to add class on my resource object and how can I create class to my resource object?

I use VC 6.0 created my project with the win32 App "Empty option" and then I want to add Dialog to my project with ClassWizard.

The file with the .clw extension is generated by the class wizard. Essentially a data file where the class wizard stores information about the classes in your project space.

At times the class wizard will seem to forget about a class and not show it anymore in the tree view. This happens mostly after adding a new member. To fix this you can close out your workspace, delete the .clw file, and open up your project again. The file will be regenerated and the disappearing class will reappear.

Use the resource editor to (Resource Tab) to add a dialog to your application. There you can visually layout your resource. Once you are happy with what you have double click on the dialog to invoke the classwizard. The class wizard will then give you the option of adding a new class for this dialog. Derive it from the CDialog class and then you should have access to this new class in your project.

Hope that this helps.

Thanks a lot for your help....bcravens:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back