Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

the cause of these error messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpeliam

Programmer
Mar 17, 2000
US
I'm pretty sure some of my hardware is going bad, but I'd like to know all of the possible reasons. I thought I had bought some pretty good parts just a year ago, so I'm wondering why so many things are going wrong.

I'm getting the following bluescreens:
Code:
BAD_POOL
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
IRQL_LESS_THAN
(I don't remember if there was an 'l' there or not, I have it set to reboot on bluescreen so it flashes by pretty quickly)

There are a bunch of others, I just can't remember them all. If anybody can help me diagnose the problem(s), or think of otherways that I could diagnose them, that'd be great. Thanks. Liam Morley
lmorley@gdc.wpi.edu
"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.
light the world, and bring depth to the silence."

ah, sorry about that. Win XP. Liam Morley
lmorley@gdc.wpi.edu

another issue I'm having is "PAGE_FAULT_IN_A_NONPAGED_AREA". The error I get from submitting these to MS's Online Crash Analysis is "A device driver installed on your system caused the problem, but we cannot determine the precise cause." Liam Morley
lmorley@gdc.wpi.edu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back