Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The better way to install linux on the second harddisk???

Status
Not open for further replies.

parazhang

MIS
May 13, 2003
US
I have a Intel pc installed redhat linux 7.3,now for some test purposes,i need add a second harddisk into it and want to install another redhat 7.3 OS,I hope that when I power up this machine,the Grub could let me select which OS to boot,could someone tell me the better way to this,thanks!

Entirely possible.

But Why RH7? RH-FC4 or RHEL would be a much better choice.

What would happen is That you'd need to change the /boot/grub/menu.conf (or the like) on the first drive's /boot partition to include the entry for the other OS (whatever you go with). You can also set the default and the timeout, but that's all up to you. I'll probably post with more detail about this a little later.

[plug=shameless]
[/plug]

I want to copy the first IDE disk to the second IDE disk,then put both of them into this machine,and when I power up it,I hope that the grub could let me select which one I want to boot up.

can i bring to success?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back