Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The Best PC ATX Case fro AMD 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

orlando847

Technical User
Aug 11, 2001
US
Hello guys...First let me congratulate all the great guys outthere taking their time to give great advice! Now Im building a PC AMD 1.4 etc. with all the goodies, may try my hand at overclocking in the future but not right away....What Case would you guys recomend ?

Try looking for aluminum cases for overclocking. -Feryl
--> Just a silly software engineer wannabee.
If you feel a post has been helpful to you, click on the link at the bottom of their post to cast a vote for "TipMaster Of The Week". You don't need to be the one who asked the question to vote.

I was at a site called that had some server cases that had like 6 holders for fans. They are also on the Enlight referral list, but I am not sure how good they are as a retailer. Their site looked nice and efficient though. They had a link for alienware at " Alluminum sounds expensive? If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

Yeah I know Aluminum sounds expensive but it is the best out there. It cools down up to 10 degrees celsius. That is of course if you are willing to spend 200+ dollars. Otherwise make sure it is a tower for more space and air flow. Don't know if you can buy alienware cases though. Can you? -Feryl
--> Just a silly software engineer wannabee.
If you feel a post has been helpful to you, click on the link at the bottom of their post to cast a vote for "TipMaster Of The Week". You don't need to be the one who asked the question to vote.

Yeah, you can get alienware cases. They're cases that are used by alienware, they just dont have the cool alien head logo on them.

Those are the Antec cases (SX1030 SOHO & SX1040/1040B SOHO). Real cheap too, something like $100.00. However, you won't find any with a cool looking paint job like the alienware cases. You can also opt for the SX830 or SX840 (Antec). The '40's' come with bigger powersupplies and are all AMD approved. If you don't go with aluminum, get one of the antec cases.

The 1040 comes in beige or black.

also, to get the cool alien-ware colors, just pick up some car paint in any color you want. paint it, and polish it with car wax. REAL nice looking

don't ever spend over a 100 dollars on a case unless you are building a server w/ multiple hardrives or you are getting a 350+ watt power supply. There are numerous places to find ATX cases under 80 dollars w/h a good 300 watt supply. Try cyberguys.com or look for what you want on pricewatch.com. I got my case at cyberguys and it has a 350 watt PS, w/ 4 5-1/4" bays, and 3 3-1/2" bays. Both side panels remove as well as the motherboard bay. Don't ever spend over 100 dollars if you are building you first computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back