Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The Avaya VoiceAnnouncementManager can't sees my TN2501AP Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

telular

Technical User
Dec 10, 2008
MX
Hi All

I have an Avaya S8500 media server and I have an Announcement board, it is a TN2501 AP , it works fine, but some weeks ago I decided to update the firmware, so I configured it in order to have access to the board trough the LAN, specifically using the Avaya Voice Announcement Manager Software.

I can see the *.wav files stored in the board trough FTP, but When I try to use the Voice Announcement Manager, the connection doesn't work, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong because I'm not sure about the proper way to configure this, or if is neccesary to do something in the PBX. When I try to configure the connection, I type the VAL board IP, the Port by default is the 5022 (because it is selected the SSH option, but I don't know if it's right), I type a super user id an pw that exist in my PBX, but when I select the option "Get VAL Board Information", I receive the next error message: Connection to voice System Failed, Click View Logs button to see detail logs. The version of this software is 5.0.

I would like to know the correct way to configure the Voice Manager in order to establish the connection to my VAL board, a manual about this will be useful, but I just found this: Avaya Voice Announcement Manager Reference, in that document I didn’t find information about the right configuration en the PBX and in the Voice Manager.

Any Suggestion?, I'm showing the error logs for more information about it.

Thanks in advance

Thu Sep 03 08:04:46 CDT 2009 Could not find external strings file 'C:\Program Files\Avaya\Voice Announcement Manager\resources\VAM_es_MX.properties' for language español.VAM will load the default file
Thu Sep 03 08:04:46 CDT 2009 Loaded default external strings file 'C:\Program Files\Avaya\Voice Announcement Manager\resources\VAM_default.properties'

Thu Sep 03 08:05:35 CDT 2009 Voice Announcement Manager started.
------------------------------------------------------------
Thu Sep 03 12:47:45 CDT 2009 **Task: Get VAL Board Information,Task ID: 1** Connection to VAL-TN5201AP failed. Connection refused: connect
------------------------------------------------------------
Thu Sep 03 12:48:26 CDT 2009 **Task: Get VAL Board Information,Task ID: 2** Connection to VALBoard succeeded, added to pool.
Thu Sep 03 12:48:26 CDT 2009 **Task: Get VAL Board Information,Task ID: 2** Could not retrieve companding mode for 01A13(VAL-BOARD) on VALBoard.
Thu Sep 03 12:48:26 CDT 2009 **Task: Get VAL Board Information,Task ID: 2** Board configuration data for VALBoard has been updated.
Thu Sep 03 12:48:26 CDT 2009 **Task: Get VAL Board Information,Task ID: 2** Connection to VALBoard released to pool.

The VAL Manager has to connect and login to the S8500 processor, not the VAL board. Change the IP to the PE (Processor Ethernet) LAN IP address for the S8500.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Thank you very much Mitch,

Ok, I entered the PBX IP Adress, and when I try the Get The VAL board information the message I receive is:

**Task: Get VAL Board Information ** : No VAL Boards and groups detected on VALBoard

I think the Voice Manager is connecting to the PBX,but it just can't see the bard,I don't know What I'm doing wrong or if I need to do something else in order to see the Announcement board, how I said before, the connecton trough ftp works fine but I need to use the Voice Manager Software :´(

Thank you for your time
Next the logs:

Thu Sep 03 08:04:46 CDT 2009 Could not find external strings file 'C:\Program Files\Avaya\Voice Announcement Manager\resources\VAM_es_MX.properties' for language español.VAM will load the default file
Thu Sep 03 08:04:46 CDT 2009 Loaded default external strings file 'C:\Program Files\Avaya\Voice Announcement Manager\resources\VAM_default.properties'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thu Sep 03 08:05:35 CDT 2009 Voice Announcement Manager started.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thu Sep 03 12:47:45 CDT 2009 **Task: Get VAL Board Information,Task ID: 1** Connection to VAL-TN5201AP failed. Connection refused: connect

Thu Sep 03 12:48:26 CDT 2009 **Task: Get VAL Board Information,Task ID: 2** Connection to VALBoard succeeded, added to pool.
Thu Sep 03 12:48:26 CDT 2009 **Task: Get VAL Board Information,Task ID: 2** Could not retrieve companding mode for 01A13(VAL-BOARD) on VALBoard.
Thu Sep 03 12:48:26 CDT 2009 **Task: Get VAL Board Information,Task ID: 2** Board configuration data for VALBoard has been updated.
Thu Sep 03 12:48:26 CDT 2009 **Task: Get VAL Board Information,Task ID: 2** Connection to VALBoard released to pool.

The latest version of VAL firmware unfortunately only works fully with version 5.2 ASA/VAL manager. One of the issues is that you cannot see these boards as audio sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back