Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

That Stupid Little Access 2002/2003 Report Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickj65

Programmer
Jun 5, 2002
US
I would like to create a customized button with the MS Access 2002/2003 report icon (you know...the green report icon we see to the left of all reports in the Reports section of the Database window).

I basically am looking for that .ico file.

I can take a screen capture and create a bitmap to get my report icon. However, what I really want is the actual .ico file that has the built in transparency that most .ico files have. A bitmap always has a background you have to deal with as a developer. I also know that I can create an image and superimpose a transparent button above that. But I don't want to do that.

So bottom line, where can I get that stupid little report icon from? I have an icon extractor and have run it through the entire System 32 and Office 11 folders which yields hundreds of familiar Access/Office icons...but not that stupid little report icon.

Does anybody know what file that stupid little report icon is buried in? Or, do you know where they might have that stupid little report icon posted on the internet? I have searched to no avail.

BTW, I can get the Access 97/2000 report icon all over the place. I just want that stupid little Access 2002/2003 report icon.

Thanks!

Rick

I see it in the program files\Microsoft Office\office11\msaccess.exe. I used iconfilter 1.7 and it found it showed it as icon #8 in msaccess.exe.

Good Luck
Lt

Lt

Thanks for answering my message. I'm using iconfilter 2.0 and I get something else as an icon for #8. It looks like a black pause icon in the upper lefthand corner.

In any event, I resorted to creating my own icon based on a bitmap screen capture.

Thanks,

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back