Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thanks to RiverGuy 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaworthBantam

Programmer
Jan 31, 2002
GB
Found a posting you made 2nd Dec 2004 regarding splash screens and some code for displaying the splash screen and then the main form.....

Sub Main()
Dim fs As New FormSplash()
fs.Show() : Application.DoEvents()
Threading.Thread.Sleep(3000)
fs.Close()
Dim fm As New Form1
fm.ShowDialog()
End Sub

As a newbie to dot net I found this very useful.

Thanks.

PS Is it too late to give you a star ?

Good form HaworthBantam

I'm sure ThatRickGuy will reply and at that time you paint a star on his forehead for the particular thread and he great contributions to this and other forums

[sub]____________ signature below ______________
The worst mistake you'll ever make is to do something simply the way you know how while ignoring the way it should be done[/sub]

pasted the wrong member but we all get the idea :)

[sub]____________ signature below ______________
The worst mistake you'll ever make is to do something simply the way you know how while ignoring the way it should be done[/sub]

PS Is it too late to give you a star ?

> No, wait until he sees the thread and posts here... give him a star then.

LooL ;P

> Or if you are bored to wait, find a thread that he posts in it and give it there

LooL again

Thanks Howard - I'm glad you found the reply and code useful, although it looks like that particular post had other contributors working on a common solution of which I was just one.

Modest as well.

I note that the contributors included ThatRickGuy, another upstanding member of the Tek Tips community. However, your solution was elegant and filled me with a warm glow that only particularly sexy code can instil.

I hope my other half doesn't get to read this, she may have an issue with that last sentence.

Anyway, please accept a star, and keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back