Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TFTP_Get command flooding my network

Status
Not open for further replies.

u080570

Technical User
Jul 24, 2003
US
I have a CISCO 3550 switch that is flooding my network looking for a TFTP server. I can't find where to turn that off on the switch....can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks,
Mark

It will hardly be 'flooding' your network but you need to get on the console of it to understand why it is doing this. It could just be the 'service config' command wants removing, either that or an upgrade has gone wrong?

Andy

Flooding was a bit harsh I guess !!!

I have logged on to the console, it just says it's looking for a TFTP server on the network....

We had a power outage yesterday - when the power came back on the switch didn't power up correctly - it came up with the AUTO_BOOT set to no.....not sure how that happened, but I switched it to yes and it started fine...but now it wants a TFTP server....is there another setting on it where I can turn off the TFTP server search ?

thanks for your help,
Mark

the command is
no service config

Logging console is not a good practice unless you are just doing it for a short period of time . This can really tie up the processor if you are getting a lot of messages .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back