Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TFTP updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletechman

Technical User
Aug 27, 2008
US
I have a site that we upgraded to R11.1 SP1 and are now having an issue with their Call accounting system. The system uses TFTP to upgrade the status of their user log in/out status. The IP Office is no longer sending the correct info for that status when queried.
This is what we are seeing from the vendor.
• Sends a TFTP request to the IPO for a file called nasystem/user_list
• Parses each line in the user_list file to get an extension for each user
• Sends a TFTP request to the IPO for nasystem/user_info3/(extension goes here) for each user extension
• Parses and displays the results of those requests in the grid above
Each user_info3 record contains general info about the state of that user extension, including what we call the PrimaryStateID (which is a field you can see in that grid). Essentially this field indicates whether a user is logged in or logged out; a 0 means logged out, 1 means logged in.

When we were testing the issues, I would hit the Run button on this tool, and it showed a 1 for the PrimaryStateID of the user we were testing even after you had them log out.
I do have a ticket open with Avaya but wanted to see if anyone else has run into this.
Mike

Thanks for this but it does not show the user state whether logged in or not.
Mike

There is an URL where you could get the information for each user separately, don't remember what it was now but I found it tracing on network packets from One-X Portal.

Another option would be to use the Configuration Service API, it pulls the entire configuration as XML.
I think the Management Web Service should do it as well but didn't find in the documentation how to indicate is a user is active or not in a group.

You can find API information at [URL unfurl="true"]https://www.devconnectprogram.com/[/url]

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back