Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TFTP Download Message 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbankscharles

Technical User
Oct 8, 2023
US
After a power failure, our SIP Trunk is now showing "Out of Service". One item in our SYSMONITOR log that I don't understand is the message "TFTP Download: Upgrader: Upgrade is not in Progress". The message repeats every 10 seconds. Would someone please explain how to resolve this?

Thanks
Charles

50679129mS DTM: 22/10/2023 09:54:07 (Sun 22 Oct 2023) [192.168.5.2 (Our SCN IP Office Name)]
50687130mS TFTP Download: Upgrader: Upgrade is not in Progress

your sip trunk issue has nothing to do with that TFTP message (which means no tftp phone upgrade is in progress).

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Obviously, a message about upgrading has nothing to do with the SIP Trunk Issue, please give me some credit! Something happened with our system after our UPS failed and the system went down hard. I did not realize I had to be that articulate so, let me try this again.

Why would I start receiving a message "TFTP Download: Upgrader: Upgrade is not in Progress" after a hard shutdown? It keeps repeating in my Sysmon log and I don't know how to stop it. There were other issues as a result of this power failure, so I believe the outage had an adverse effect on our system. The other issues I've been able to deal with, but I don't know how to resolve this.

Hi sbankscharles
I am afraid we don't know the level of competency a poster has when a post appears except maybe if it is a real regular poster so we always go by what is provided in the post.
In your case SIP trunk and TFTP message

As for the problem at hand
I could only guess that the system is checking if there is some new firmware for the phones that the system needs to download and pass on to the digital phones
But if you uncheck the option of TFTP download in the Monitor filters then you won't see the message and all is good.[peace]
I have checked on 2 systems and they both have that message every 10 seconds so it is normal it seems.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

I did not realize I had to be that articulate"

You don't, but if you aren't, then you can't blame other people for misunderstanding your posts. It was you who put the two issues next to each other, implying a suspicion of connection.

And in addition to explaining your issues more clearly, please stop being ill-mannered to the people who do try to help you.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Yeah I'm with @Westi and @sizbut. Your issue had nothing to do with SIP trunks so why even mention it as your first issue and then be a jerk about it when it obviously caused confusion?

My apologies for my comment. Westi, you make an excellent point that I did not think about, you don't know my skill level.
I appreciate the positive feedback; obviously, people in this forum are more professional than others I've experienced.
Sorry for sounding like a jerk.

Charles

There is a check box in the sysmon settings for tftp messages. Uncheck that box. I can't remember the exact tab it is on.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back