Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Textures and Corel 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

micksopko

Technical User
Feb 15, 2000
US
Is there any way to save a texture developed in Corel TEXTURE in order to be able to use it as a fill in either Draw or PhotoPaint? It seems that the only texture fills available in those 2 programs are ones in the sample library. They can be edited, it's true, but not to the extent that a new one wouldn't be better. I can't seem to find the location of that sample library in order to add some new textures to it. TIA for any info.

MICK

Open the Fill Tool flyout, and click Texture Fill Dialog.

Modify the texture settings in the Texture Style Name section to create your custom fill. Click on preview to view
changes before saving a custom texture fill.

To save a custom texture fill

1.Click the Add(+) button.
2.The -save texture as- dialogue box appears
2.Type a name in the Texture Name box.
3.Do one of the following to specify the Library Name:

·From the Library Name List, choose a sample library in
which you want to save the texture.
·Type the name of a new library in the Library Name box.

4.Click OK

You should now be able to use the fill you have created and saved.

Happy Computing,
rh14k

H osting
E ducatinal
L earning for
P C users

rh14k -

I just saw your reply to my question about textures for Corel 8. Your response was in reference to saving textures in DRAW, which I was actually familiar with. My confusion was around how to save textures generated in Corel TEXTURE: if it was possible to save them in such a way that they could be accessed as fills in DRAW or PHOTO-PAINT. There are many more clear options in TEXTURE that it'd be nice to take advantage of in DRAW.

Thanks for your earlier response. Any ideas about this TEXTURE variation?

MICK

Mick,

Sorry for my misunderstanding of your question. Since I'm not familliar with Corel Texture, I can't offer any direction on the subject.I hope someone else will be able to give the info your searching for.

Happy Computing,
rh14k

H osting
E ducatinal
L earning for
P C users

rh14k -

Thanks for your response. Maybe I'l try COREL itself to see what they know

MICK

How to use one of your own Textures

In CORELDraw, select the object that you want to fill with your texture that you have created.

Select the Pattern fill option from the fill flyout in the tool box.

When this window opens, select the bitmap then click on the load button.

Browse to where you have saved you texture. load the image and there you go.

Thanks for the TEXTURE tip. It was way simple and worked like a charm!

MICK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back