Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Texting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dik

Technical User
Jul 18, 2001
MD
Is it possible to send text messages to a cell phone or receive them on a computer via eMail? I don't do texting very well on a phone... my fingers are fat and clumsy and the keyboard is too small.

If it is, is it an easy process? Thanks in advance

Yes is the answer, but I have never tried it myself.

If you enter "sms via pc" into Google you will get plenty of options.

Let us know how you get on. I have the same finger problem that you have and, depending on how you get on, may try it myself.

Thanks... I let you know what I find out...

I haven't heard back from anyone yet... it may be as simple as eMailing their complete phone number without spaces to the SMS gateway for the phone they are using. Some cell phones don't have SMS gateways. I'll let you know when I hear from them.

Did you not see my reply on 1 Oct 23 at 15:03?

Yes I did, and there were several articles about it. Unfortunately, I just got real busy at work and it will take a couple of days to sift through the material. The SMS gateway doesn't work with the three providers I tried... again, thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back