Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

textflow in indesign continues on masterpages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Nov 8, 2000
NL
I often have this problem: when adjusting typography of a book (we work with large documents) it often happens that when i add pages, text appears on masterpage (just on one masterpage, not both) Nothing helps. Deleting the text causes all text to disappear and deleting frame prevents altering textbox dimensions. Even taking out all text, deleting all pages except page one and re-pasting text does not help. Does anyone know what causes this?
Thanx,
Peter

Are you using the "insert pages" command on the pages palette? If so, try clicking on the "none" icon on teh Masters section ov the palette before inserting.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Thanx for answer. It also happens when i add one page by dragging it to the doc layout and force text to add pages automaticallly. 98 of a 100 times i works fine, but then suddenly text appears on masterpage....
using osx 10.4.3 on G5

Me and my collegue have exactly the same problem.
Sorry Galvin, but your answer does not seem to be a solution, because when i insert pages they have to be masterpages (thanks anyway!)

I have not discovered yet what exact circumstances causes this phenomenon.

I hope someone knows more...

Using InDesign CS2 (Dutch version) in OSX 10.4.6 on a mac G4

I know this issue has been discussed on the ID Adobe User forum. Perhaps do a search (can't remember if it was the Mac or Windows forum, so try both) and you'll find a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back