Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Textbox Field Disappears in some but not all records. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leslie746

MIS
May 31, 2004
GB
Can anybody assist with this problem;

In Access 2002 I have a form with a number of textboxes.
Values of the fields derive from comparison of a number of pairs of dates, giving the DeltaDays for each pair.

There is one particular textbox which disappears completely from the form in 3 out 11 records. Otherwise, it works all right and when I check the value which should appear in the textbox, it is there but the textbox itself becomes invisible.

I have no reference to visibility of this control whatsover, so what could be the reason of the field disappearance?

Quick response would be most appreciated.

I've never seen nor heard of a control disappearing without some reference to visibility. So, my guess is that something is wrong with the database.

Do as little work as possible to recreate this form and it's input in a new database. If this problem continues to happen, put this new database where we could download it and see if looking at it could help us help you.

I would also suggest that you do a Compact/Repair to your current database. This usually does NOT help, but I continue to try it first anyway.

Thank you for your rapid response.
Indeed, it was something wrong with the database. As usual, it was my silly typo error in the properties of some unrelated field which erroneously set the offending field to be not visible.
Best Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back