Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

text wrap only affects text underneath 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4GW

Technical User
May 21, 2007
AU
Is there a way to use the text wrap only affects text underneath for a specific item only and not the entire document? I design a magazine and need to put a few articles on the one page that overlap, if I use the text wrap only affects text underneath function it puts the rest of the magazine out. Thanks.

Thanks for replying, but I know that function, it applies to the whole document, I was wondering if there is a way to only apply it to a page or a specific text box.
Thanks.

Layer options can be changed. ignore text wrap when hidden can be clicked on.

Or if you're well able to flatten all layers, you can tell individual text boxes to ignore text wrap in the text box option dialog.

Hope that helps, the only time I 've had issues like this had to do with layers.

Mark

If you only occasionally need to have text that sits on top of pictures with text wrap, select the text frame, go into Text Frame Options (under the Object menu) and choose Ignore Text Wrap. Keep in mind that the text frame will now ignore text wrap for ANY graphic it interacts with that has text wrap. Hope that helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back