Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text To Speech 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGarsdale

IS-IT--Management
Feb 17, 2004
GB
I have a VB6 app running under WinXP that reads the contents of a box out to the user. I would like to use a UK English voice but I have downloaded the lhttseng.exe from MS along with spchapi.exe but to no avail. lhttseng installation fails with win95inf32.dll errors and there is no UK voice to be found.
I have missed something haven't I, but what ?
Can anyone help please as SAM, MARY and MIKE are not what I need.

Try downloading also Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1.
I managed to use text - to - speech in my Vb6 app.
If you like to distribute your text-to-speech, download the Sp5TTIntXP.msm merge module for Visual Installer.

P.S. I have 2 win2k pro

Hi all
Thanks for replies.
Peter (and Carol) are in the lhttseng.exe (5.4Mb) and will not install.
I've also downloaded and installed the L&H speech engine - again with no success. I'm going over to MS now to grab the SDKs.

Well I've downloaded all the above without success.
On the way, I also picked up L & H 's Michelle and Michael voices which work OK although not UK English.
The lhttseng.exe will definitely not install, still fails with error message 'can't load win95inf32.dll'.
Sorry to be awkward, :), has anyone got the msi version of Peter please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back