Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text-To-Speech PostBack Exception Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBousman1

Programmer
Apr 16, 2008
US
I'm developing an ASP.Net website and would like to use the Microsoft Speech Object Library. When I create a page from scratch I can get it to work fine, however, when I try brining that same code over to another page that's in the process of being developed, I get COM Exception:

Exception Details:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004503A

Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

StackTrace:
COMException (0x8004503a): Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004503A]
SpeechLib.SpVoiceClass.Speak(String Text, SpeechVoiceSpeakFlags Flags) +0
PScriptLogin.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +38
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +111
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +110
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565
I believe it has something to do with the PostBack but the page has to have that. Is there a way around this?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back