Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text To Closed Path

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelodieVS

Technical User
Jun 29, 2008
US
I am reading and following the directions to place text to a closed path (circle with text on top and bottom) I can only get it to work on the top ...cannot get it to place test on the bottom without it being upside down. Can anyone help me with this?

Melodie

1. attach text to closed path/circle (select text, select circle then Text > Fit Text to Path.)

ok not sure what version you're using....this is v11

2. With objects selected go to control panel up top and 4th drop down menu along....place text on bottom of circle.
It will be upside down now.

3. Click on last icon to the right - hover your mouse pointer over it and it will say 'Place on Other side'...click

4. Use 'Distance from Path' to move it away from circle.

5. Use the Shape tool...ctrl left click on type then pull handles to adjust tracking / distance between letters.

My icon on the right says horizontal offset....can I get the place on other side some other way?

Have not encountered that before...what version are you using?

I've added a pic for you to see where my icon appears.
(might be slow)

Another method - only found this out today is to draw the circle, flip it 180 degrees - then add text to path - it will appear upside down at the top of the circle.
then pull the small red button to move it to the bottom of the circle.

I have version 10 and 11-I'

I feed real dumb...but just realized that icon was off the screen-I think I need to calibrate my screen---I'll check into it.

Thanks for your help!

Melodie

Glad you sorted it out, and no prob thats what this forum is for :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back