Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeycat

Technical User
Jan 5, 2006
GB
I'm using Corel v11 on Windows XP, and am having a problem with text. In artistic text mode, I can type and nothing appears - the cursor doesn't move, just flickers. In paragraph mode, I can type, but I cannot change the font, size, centring etc., and the text is all "squished" into a single letter in the middle of the paragraph frame.
Any ideas? [ponder]
Smokey

Try F8 at startup of Draw and accept the default workspace (same your own first if customised) I've not seen your specific issue but a worksoace reset can cure some odd behaviour.
Alan D

Just back from a week off, so apologies for the late reply. Thanks, Brushman, tried your suggestion but unfortunately it didn't work. I've got a workaround of creating the text in Photoshop and importing it into Corel, which is not ideal but seems to be my only option.
Cheers!

Hi All,
I need help: Problem is I have done the work with CorelDraw, for a samall booklet, but when I printed. Some Pages are missed, some completed blank , some only haft page or so printed out. The work is mostly with Text in black and white. Would any can help please
Thanh You.

when I printed. Some Pages are missed

You would probably do best to post that as a new question rather than a reply to an unrelated one.

Check that the objects which do not print are not on a separate layer which you might have accidentally applied the "non print" setting to.

If that's not the problem, try File : Publish to PDF which will prove whether or not the objects are going missing within Corel or within your printer -- and you may possibly be able to sidestep the problem by printing from the PDF.

I can type, but I cannot change the font, size, centring etc.

I'd start by checking that you have installed both the Corel service packs and also obtain the latest driver for your graphics card from the appropriate manufacturer's web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back