Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

darksirius

Technical User
Nov 26, 2005
MY
HI,I have problem using the textinput button. I placed the textinput but at right corner, when I load it the words so long it just disappear at the right end. It there is any way I could control so that the text would continue downwards instead of disappearing. Thanx

Thanx Kennethkawamoto, thats help me very much. There is one more thing that I still could'nt figure out. I'am looking for the script of how to control movie (mpeg) like to stop,pause,rewind, forward. I've been looking through other people inquiry but still could'nt do it. It would be great if you could help me with this.

You can do various things:

sprite(1).pause()
sprite(1).play()
sprite(1).rewind()
sprite(1).stop()
sprite(1).playRate = 2

...etc

However your Director version may not play your MPEG. If so you can import it as QuickTime (or get an MPEG Xtra).

Kenneth Kawamoto

Kennethkawamoto, I did tried :

sprite(*).pause()

in the button script, but it still not working.

* ( cast member name )

My director can play mpeg movie, only I could'nt control them

kennethkawamoto,

I tried both but got this error message:

Script error: Variable used before assigned a value

member(MyMovie1)?.pause()

I really need your help.

kennethkawamoto

When I tried by dragging the built-in button and paste this

on mouseUp me
member("mymovie1").stop()
end

the system accept but still nothing happen,it did'nt stop but when I paste the script to an object ( react as a button for that page ). I got this message :

Script error : Handler not found in object

member("mymovie1").pause()

#pause

I dunno what went wrong. I'm using macromedia director mx 2004, educational version. Thanx

Thanx Kennethkawamoto,

Firstly when I tried using using, it did'nt work but when I draw something and insert the script its work. I can even fast forward, play, pause and rewind ( pity it always rewind from start not frame by frame ). Just one more thing, how to build the progress bar, I tried the tips I found in this website but its not working ( again ). Hope you could give me some tips bout this. Cheers

>Firstly when I tried using using, it did'nt work but when I draw something and insert the script its work.

If you mean it didn't work with default button, that button is actually a Flash Component. Go to the Inspector and change "eventPassMode" to "#passAlways".

>pity it always rewind from start not frame by frame

You can do that by using "movieTime":
[tt]--
on mouseUp me
sprite(2).movieTime = sprite(2).movieTime - 10
end mouseUp
--[/tt]
(Adjust the value to suit your liking.)

>how to build the progress bar

Again, this is done using "movieTime". Attach this script to the MPEG sprite and you'll get the progress percentage.
[tt]--
property pDuration

on beginSprite me
pDuration = sprite(me.spriteNum).member.duration

end beginSprite

on enterFrame me
member("progress").text = (float(sprite(me.spriteNum).movieTime)/pDuration)*100 & "%"
end enterFrame
--[/tt]

Kenneth Kawamoto

Thank you very much kennethkawamoto, everything works just fine. Its all snap together wonderfully. I tried to figure out how to and progress bar, I followed others tips that I found but the progress bar not sequence with the movie itself. Should I make the frame in timeline to go as long as the movie? ( it gonna be very long ) thanx

Yes, you are right, even when the timeline stopped but the movie keeps on playing until I abort. The percentage bar would be just fine. Thank you very much Kennetkawamoto, if its not cos of your help, I don't think I could finish my project. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back