Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text postion on command button

Status
Not open for further replies.

jester4281

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2002
US
Is there a way to get the text to run vertical on a command button instead of horizontal ?

The only way I know of is to create a bitmap of the text and use it in the picture property instead of having a caption.

Regards,

Mike

jester4281

If you have VFP 8.0 you could use a pageframe with a single page with .TabOrientation of 2 - Left, ascending text, or 3 - Right, descending text.

Reduce the width of the pageframe to suit and use the .Activate() event of the one page as a substitute for the .Click() event of a command button.

If you don't have VFP 8.0, you could try the OleClass MSComctLib.Tabstrip.2 or OleClass TabDlg.SSTab.1, following the technique outlined.

FAQ184-2483 - answering getting answered.​
Chris [pc2]
PDFcommander[sup]tm[/sup].com
PDFcommander[sup]tm[/sup].co.uk

Yeah tried both but I didnt know if there was something out there I didnt think of, will just stick with them the regualr way. Is this something they are looking at ever offering.

Jester4281,

Is this something they are looking at ever offering.

I doubt it. I have never heard of anyone asking for vertical text on a command button. It's not the sort of thing that the average developer would think of doing.

If you really want to do it, I'd go with mspratt's bitmap option.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

jester4281,

If you mean the Caption Button, you can do it with a little trick. Set WordWrap property to .T.

In Button Init event put the caption like this:
Code:
This.Caption = 'C' + chr(13) + ;
   'a' + chr(13) + ;
   'p' + chr(13) + ;
   't' + chr(13) + ;
   'i' + chr(13) + ;
   'o' + chr(13) + ;
   'n'

That should works
Regards

-- AirCon --