Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text Overlapping and overwriting when reports are viewed by clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCCRookie

Technical User
Jul 3, 2007
US
thread782-827443: Viewer Problems in CE10- Major Concern!!!!!
Crystal Developer; Product Type: Full
Product Version: 11.0.0.1282

The viewer we use is crystal 12 Tag jsp viewer

Reports that display fine in our client/server application display overlapping fields in our Web application when viewed by the customer. In design the reports can be viewed, printed or exported with no overlapping. For many of the reports the 'Can Grow' option set to 0 or 1 is fine, but what about date/time fields? Those overlap when the field is sized to display only the date portion. How do I work around this? Is there a printer setting I can use when creating the reports that will force the viewer to display the report as written?

Why not format the dates to only show date rather than cropping the datetime field.

Ian

I guess I set myself up for that one! True I could format the date to only display the date portion of the datetime field. That's what I've been doing as, what I hope is, a short term workaround. I'd prefer to resolve the problem of the fields overlapping once and for all so reports display as written.

I also need to format some dates using System Long or Short Format for international customers. This is where the date field overlap becomes a big issue. Even though I may size the field to display only the date the viewer ignores the fields border and displays the time anyway. Sorry I haven't had my morning coffee yet, I'm still fuzzy.

This sounds like a viewer issue. Still can't understand why you want to format in System long but then crop field to show only date.

Ian

If your Java app server is running under windows, I have a registry hack that should work.

Go to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\Saved Data

Add the key:
TruncateClippedFieldStrings=Yes

I'm not sure how you would do this if your app runs under Linux or Unix.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back