Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text on Picture 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

floinfo

Technical User
Apr 14, 2004
CA
Hi,
You are so great... I learned a lot!

Here is a new question:
How can I put a text on a picture? Without using any image editor, can I write on a picture? I use FrontPage2000, and I'm building a real estate listing web site... some of my houses "Sold" or "Pending"... I'd like to put these words on the pictures.

Thanks

Hi floinfo,

I don't know of a way to do this without an image program, but maybe someone else knows a way.

What you can do is right click the image and select Picture Properties. Once there, look for alternative representations and enter the sold or pending in the box labeled Text. This will produce Alt text which is used by screen readers. Unfortunately, this won't display in Netscape.

However, Title will. I am about to give you some bad coding advise I think. But, right after the alt tag, you could use the same tag and replace Alt with Title. This will display in NS. Not sure about the other browsers though. I have used them both on images before and nobody died as a result of this (as far as I know).

Hope I have been of some help,
Micheal

FrontPage Form Tutorials & Form Script Examples

Thanks,
But no... not good.
Interesting, I tried the NetObjectFusion web page creator software trial version and it has this feature!
Write any text on the picture (any color, size, font, orientation, rotate... etc)
It should be a way with Forontpage too.

Ok, now you have jogged my brain back to reality.

My apologies, as I have never used this function before and forgot it exists.

In page view, right click the image. This should pull up the image toolbar. Go to the left to the big "A" click this and then type your text. You can also drag this to a different position and change the font and color.

I really feel dumb, sorry again.

Hope I have been of some help,
Micheal

FrontPage Form Tutorials & Form Script Examples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back