Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text not wraping to next line

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjb

Programmer
May 1, 2001
US
I hav a new ID on a UNIX box where the text does not wrap to the next line in either vi or othe screen outputs. The text just stops and cannot be viewed. Is this set on the box itself, or something in my profile or environment that can be changed?

More than likely a setting in your terminal emulator program. What do you use to login to that server?

HTH,

p5wizard

I connenect with Hummingbird Exceed. Let me check that. The thing is , I have connections to several other machines with the same software and do not have this problem. I will login to the machine I have a problem with, then telnet from that sessiont to another machine. if the problem does not carry over, then it probably is not the connection software

Did the telnet test. The problem does not carry over to the next machine. This makes me believe that the problem has somthing to do with the session/environment on the machine, and not the connection software.

Compare the output of stty -a on each machine.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Yes, there are differnces on the stty's but I would not know what would caouse this condition. I thought stwrap would be a clue, but it is not used in either one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back