Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

text not showing on screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddyel

MIS
Mar 3, 2002
US

On our drawings we have our Company Name in the lower right section of the drawings. In some of our drawings, when loaded, the name will show but if we zoom in or do anything to do the drawing, the text disappears. The text will only show again when selected. It prints fine but will not show on the screen. Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing this? The font is Bank Gothic, and this is only a problem on one machine, if the drawing is opening on another machine, it shows fine, which leads me to believe it is just a setting that has been changed.

It possibly is a setting somewhere. Does the text appear if you 'regen' the drawing or layout?
I often have display problems with our company logo, which was drawn and created as an AutoCAD block, with solid hatching - the problem being that sometimes it looks like a malformed lump and not the true logo. It sometimes regens ok but sometimes not. But most importantly, for me anyway is that, like you, it prints ok (which is cool)..

If it doesn't do it on any other computer it must be either a display setting on your computer or in AutoCAD or even a system variable (There is a system variable, I think, but the name escapes me at the moment)..

Sorry I couldn't be anymore help!

Renegade..

two things:
the command qtext toggles framing boxes around heavy font types like the one you're using to simplify drawing needs. the options in the command are on and off.

in Options > Display tab > Display preferneces there is a toggle box that is per drawing that says "show text boundary only" When you do something that makes acad think of the text (ie. heavy drawing and zooming extents/ panning/ moving the text) it toggles the qtext command on. if yo uncheck that box and turn qtext off, you shouldn't have any further problems. These commands were created for the old computers and helped out a lot with performance. These days with the computers being what they are, you generally do not have a need for these commands unless you're doing something like a huge civil drawing. Hope this helps you out!
Kristina

kristina,

bad news... qtext is already set to OFF and the option in the display tab is already unchecked. I am not sure if that would have worked anyhow because you mentioned that it was a "per drawing" thing and the drawing is fine on other machines just not this one.

You may want to check under the AutoCAD Options >> System. Look at the Layout Regen section and set it to your desired setting. If you are using Layouts that is.

BU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back