Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

text/javascript version of Server.CreateObject for asp.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnv20

Programmer
Sep 26, 2001
US
Hi,
does anyone know what the correct syntax is for Server.CreateObject in asp.net where the script language is javascript ?

When I try to make a call to this like below I get a Server is undefined error message

Code:
testobj = Server.CreateObject("some app");

Post all releveant code. Script language has nothing to do with server side language

Code is posted below as you can see this falls over at the very start of the execution.

The thing is if I create an ASP page using javascript then the code works no problem, unfortunately this is an unacceptable solution due to the amount of gridviews etc. that are contained within the site.

Code:
</head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript" >
createJmp = Server.CreateObject("JMP.Application");

It seems this object was created for an ASP application and not a .NET application. I would suggest looking for an updated version.

Your correct object was created for asp rather than .net

However
1: no newer version exists
2: the code samples I can find all state that server.createobject methods should still work on .net, however this crashes out for me as server is undefined, i.e. I haven't got as far as even utilising jmp.application

So the question still remains - is there a new syntax for server.createobject for javascript code used as part of .net ?

There is no new syntax because as far as .NET is concerned, that is outdated and does not fit in with the way the.NET framework works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back